Singing Inspector

                                                             Jesse's diary from Iris Vaughan

Last week, this horrible man came to my class and his name was Raymond. He was the singing inspector, he was very intimidating, he wore huge knickerbockers and thick stockings like he was a hunting man. He had a round red head with golden curly hair and eyes like blue gooseberries. He was very rude to everyone and he calls us hurtful words. He called everybody to the big room except the little ones, but I still had to go because I am 11 years old, the big boys were also there who only do exams and no singing. We had to do the doh ray me fah and tata tete vocal warm-ups. We were called up to sing in groups of two, first Benny and Charles were called up first. They didn't know one single song, but it's almost like their memories went blank because they were so terrified. He was very angry and shouted at the boys "what can you sing, sing anything". Charles said in a weak kind of voice  "we can sing pretty Polly" Mr R shouted "then sing it". They began to sing, it was terrible singing. Charles sang in a low voice "pretty Polly pretty Polly" and Benny sang in a high squeaking voice "pretty Polly pretty Polly". I wanted to laugh but I was too scared to. Then they stopped in the middle of the verse and Mr R shouted "waste of time, two voiceless idiots in a singing class. Then he called me and I sang on the modulator a song that I liked. Then he called Gladys and Iris, but they were terrified, they opened their mouth and nothing came out then he called Winnie and Gladys long "help the paralyzed mutes" Mr R said. That night I thought to myself that I never wanted to see that horrible man ever again.

Written By Arabella 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our visit to Sanai Academy

Gr4 Camp